These days, comfort and minimalism is what it’s all about. Heck, we’re wearing our active-wear out to brunch, sneakers with every outfit, and now more and more of us ladies are breaking free from the wire!
Like me, you may be a bit hesitant at first to try them out, especially with the usual concerns like staying modest at work, maintaining some shape under clothing, or simply finding the right fit. Fortunately, thanks to their rising popularity over these past years, there are now endless options and styles to choose from, including many that offer proper coverage, support, and even a little lift, making them accessible to just about everyone. (There are even padded and push-up options out there as well!)
I personally made the official switch to bralettes quite recently and now that’s all I wear. I’m not just talking about for lounging – I wear them all day, anywhere and everywhere! They are easily 10x more comfortable than any wire and padded bra, and provide more natural-looking shape.
Here are just a few of the styles and options available – ranging from ultra-fem, basic, and (my favorite) strappy bralettes!
2. Forever 21 Sheer Floral Lace Bralette
3. Forever 21 Scalloped Lace Halter Bralette
4. Madalynne For Out From Under Sierra Lace Wrap Bra
5. Aerie Lace Cross-back Bralette
6 & 7. Pins And Needles Special Edition Cory Bralette
8. B Temptd by Wacoal Lace Kiss Bralette
9. Madalynne For Out From Under Sierra Lace Wrap Bra
10. Free People Wild Roses Racerback Bralette
11. Aerie Lace Keyhole Bralette
12. Cosabella Never Say Never Sweetie Bralette
1. Free People Racerback Ribbed Bralette
2. Underprotection Feature Bra
3. Forever 21 Plunging Seamless Knit Bralette
4. Out From Under Basic V-Neck Bralette
5. On Gossamer Stretch Cotton Bralette
6. Anthropologie Brushstroke Bralette
7. Free People Seamless Bralette
8. Commando Butter Stretchy Modal Bralette
1. Forever 21 Crisscross Microfiber Bralette
2. Free People T-Back Bralette
3. VS Wildflower Lace-Up Plunge Bralette
4. VS Cotton Lounge Strappy Bralette
6. Free People Bella Seamless Racerback Bralette
7. VS Strappy Triangle Bralette
8. Silence + Noise T-Strap Bralette
9. Forever 21 Crisscross Seamless Bralette
A Little Bralette Hack
Need some extra coverage while wearing a lace or mesh bralette to work, or out and about? Try adding a bra insert from one of your swimsuits (if you have the kind that are removable), or simply pick up a separate set, like this one on Amazon.
Have you tried bralettes? Do you wear them every day, or stick with them only on the weekends and for lounging around?