Vapour Organic Beauty Moonlight Highlight Stick | Review & Demo

Vapour Organic Beauty Halo Illuminator review and swatches

This is my first time trying out the green and clean beauty brand Vapour, and what do I start with?  One of their illuminators of course (I’m obsessed with creating ‘ethereal’ looks…) – more specifically, Vapour’s Halo Illuminator.  Here’s my review, along with some swatches and photos.

Vapour Halo Illuminator

The Vapour Halo Illuminator was created to add a subtle, candlelit glow anywhere it is applied through a dose of ultra-fine mica and just the slightest hint of color.  It’s also formulated with Vapour’s ‘Herbal Enlightenment Complexwhich contains frankincense, tulsi, and lotus to support healthy glowing skin.

The Halo Illuminator is currently available in one shade called ‘Moonlight’, which supposedly works by reflecting light rather than adding a tint of color to the skin.  For this reason, Vapour claims that it’s compatible with all skin tones.  (Note that when applied heavily though, it does lean on the pink side.)

It can be applied anywhere you want to add radiance – including tops of cheeks, center of forehead, brow bone, bridge of nose, inner eye corners, eye lids, chin, cupid’s bow – even the shoulders and décolleté.


Vapour’s Halo Illuminator contains 100% natural ingredients, of which, 70% are organic and the other 30% are minerals & essential oils.  It’s also vegan & cruelty-free.

Full ingredients list: Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Mica, Silica, Castor Isostearate Beeswax Succinate*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Canarium Luzonicum (Elemi) Gum Nonvolatiles, Wildcrafted Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Gum Oil, Wildcrafted Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense) Gum, Organic Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil) Leaf Extract, Organic Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Leaf Extract, Pogostemon Cablin Oil [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470)]

*Eco-cert ingredient

Vapour Halo Illuminator Review, Swatches, Photos

Vapour Halo Illuminator in indirect sunlight

Vapour Halo Illuminator Review, Swatches, Photos

Vapour Halo Illuminator in direct sunlight

Vapour Halo Illuminator Review

The texture is quite unique, and unlike that of RMS Beauty’s and ILIA Beauty’s Luminizers, which are both on the creamier side, this one feels more velvety rather than oily, with an almost cream-to-powder texture.

Although it comes across as a soft pink in the tube, it ends up looking quite neutral toned and off-white once blended out on the skin. It doesn’t contain any glitter or heavy shimmer. Instead, it creates a subtle, very natural-looking sheen through ultra-fine mica particles. You can go completely sheer, or build it up for more intense pigment, at which point, the pink tones start to become more apparent.

What I love most about the Halo Illuminator is that it has extra skincare benefits packed into the formula, with frankincense, tulsi, and lotus, along with sunflower seed oil, castor seed oil, and natural vitamin E at its base.  It softens and smooths my skin as I blend it in, and leaves behind a subtle herbal scent that I absolutely love.

Vapour Halo Illuminator Review, Swatches, Photos

Vapour Halo Illuminator Review, Swatches, Photos

Vapour Halo Illuminator Review, Swatches, Photos


Overall, if you’re on the hunt for a naturally-formulated and natural-looking highlighter that also feels lightweight and amazing on the skin, I’d absolutely recommend trying out Vapour’s Halo Illuminator.  It has become one of my favorite highlighters from the clean and green beauty realm, and stands out to me for too many reasons to count, including its velvety-smooth, non-oily texture, quick and easy application, natural sheen, skin-softening abilities, and herbal scent!

Available at Vapour BeautyCredo BeautyThe Detox Market & Amazon

Samples are also available through The Detox Market!

Have you tried makeup from Vapour Organic Beauty?


Looking for Something?