Today’s shop has been sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! #StyleByGoody #CollectiveBias
It’s May already, and you know what that means – it’s almost beach season! If you’re like me and have medium to long hair, you know just how easily it can get messy. Between the wind and salt water, sometimes we just need to throw it up to keep it out of our face. Fortunately, if you bring along just a few little hair goodies, you can get your hair quickly secured while still adding a sophisticated, feminine touch. Here’s what you’ll need to get started!
What You’ll Need
- Hair brush
- Hair tie
- Goody Simple Styles Hair Spin Pins (sold in a pack of 2)
My Brush of Choice
My brush of choice is the Goody Clean Radiance Oval Cushion Brush. I love this brush because it gradually improves the look and feel of my hair overtime by working out all that scalp and hair built-up. This will for sure be my go-to this Summer – a time when sweat, oil, and other residues are even more prevalent!
Curious how the brush works? It uses copper bristles that massage the scalp and work through the hair to 1) reduce buildup and 2) restore your hair’s natural moisture balance. Less buildup means hair looks healthier and more radiant! I use this brush 2-3 times a day on dry hair (as Goody recommends for maximum benefits). You just have to be careful not to use it with a blow dryer, as the copper bristles may get hot. And when it comes time to clean it, simply dip the bristles in a mixture of lemon juice + water, then wipe it dry.
Now let’s get started with the tutorial! Follow these quick and easy steps to create the perfect beach bun while you’re on-to-go!
Quick & Easy Beach-Ready Bun Tutorial
1. First, use a hair brush to smooth the hair and comb out any knots.
2. Next, pull the hair back tight and secure it using a hair tie (this step is optional, but I like to do it for extra hold as the bun starts to loosen up). Here I’m using the Goody SlideProof Silicone Clear Ponytailers, sold in a pack of 30, which I’ve found to keep the best hold.
3. Next, wrap up the hair into a really tight bun by continuously (and tightly) twisting your hair at the base of the ponytail.
5. While holding your hair in place, grab the Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins.
6. Screw in the Goody Simple Styles Hair Spin Pins, starting with the open end. Use one on the top and one on the bottom to lock the bun in place.
And we’re done! In just one minute, you can create an effortless and beach-friendly up-do that keeps the hair secure and looking cute at the same time. 😉
I picked up all my Goody ‘goodies’ for this tutorial at Walgreens, one of my go-to destinations when I’m on the lookout for new beauty buys.
In addition to the Goody Clean Radiance Brush, Walgreens has a whole new assortment of Goody products – from their ‘SlideProof’ hair ties to their ‘Ouchless’ headwraps.
They’re is also running a BOGO in-store offer, going on now through 6/4/16. So the next time you’re there, make sure to browse the hair care aisle and treat yourself to some new Goody hair ‘goodies’! 🙂
What are your favorite hair accessories/hairstyles for Summer?