Today’s shop has been sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! #UBKForMe #CollectiveBias
On the Trails…
Work and blogging takes up 90% of my day, and that means I’m in front of a computer more than I’d like to admit. So whenever I have some down time, either in the evenings or on the weekends, I jump at the opportunity to get outdoors. Hiking, camping, biking – these are some of my favorite activities, especially during ‘that time of the month‘ when exercise and just being outdoors can really boost my mood.
But while enjoying nature and getting some exercise during those rare moments, the last thing I want to worry about are leaks and discomfort. Fortunately, U by Kotex gets rid of that unnecessary stress, and lets me play outdoors longer and harder on the trail – from biking 10+ miles routes, to hiking up steep mountain sides.
So whenever Aunt Flo pays a visit, I’ll reach for my ‘period essentials kit’, which includes the U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Pads, U by Kotex® Curves® Liners, and U by Kotex® Barely There Liners. Together, they cover everything from heavy days to light days. I’ll typically stock up on these, plus all of my other period essentials (like magazines, pain relievers….and chocolate!) at my local CVS.
Off the Trails…
When I’m not on the trails, I like to step up my makeup game for an extra boost of confidence. I find that spending just a couple of extra minutes on my look can make all the difference. Whether it’s smoking out the eyes, or going for a brighter pop of color on the lips, when I step out of my comfort zone, I simply feel bolder and more confident. For example, here’s a silver smokey eye look that I like to wear to add a little extra drama.
- Apply a light silver shadow to the inner 2/3 of the lid
- Apply a shimmery navy/charcoal to the outer 1/3, then blend out towards the temple, and also in towards the crease
- Grab a matte light purple/mauve shade and blend out the crease for a seamless transition
- Apply a brighter blue to the outer 2/3 of the bottom lash line
- Then, on the inner 1/3, add the light silver shadow and blend into the bright blue shadow where the two meet
- Line your lower waterline with a charcoal grey liner
- Apply black liquid liner and wing out the end
- Finally, apply mascara (or falsies) to pump up the lashes
Finish off the look with a cool-toned blush and a pinky-nude lipstick.
That’s the final look! I’ll sometimes play with the colors to create more subtle, neutral looks that work for the office, but still add that something ‘extra’. 😉
What are some activities or hobbies that help you keep your confidence up during that time of the month?