If follow my blog, you may have caught my recent tutorial on how to do a simple cat-eye. For the look, I used all Rimmel eye products, and there’s a reason for that – they offer amazing quality, pigmentation, and longevity, and easily compare to the higher end brands on the market (only their products are a fraction of the cost!). The sure stand-outs for me are the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks (which come in at under $5). Without going too crazy, for starters I picked up two shades – Tempting Turquoise and Bluffing – which I’ll be reviewing and swatching for you today.
Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks
The Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Sticks feature a jumbo applicator that applies rich, intense color in just 1-2 strokes. The creamy formula applies super smoothly and evenly, and can be blended using just your the fingers to achieve a seamless look – they’re basically fool-proof! Once dry, these shadows stay put, setting to a waterproof and smudge-proof finish. These little guys be used as both eye shadow and eyeliner.
Bluffing is a shimmery silvery taupe. Tempting Turquoise is a bright, well, turquoise!
Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks Review
Let’s start with all the pros:
- Dual functioning – You use these as an all-over shadow or crease color, or use them as an eyeliner (even on your waterline).
- Super pigmented – Just take a look at the swatches above – that’s the color payoff and opaque finish you can expect to get with just two light swipes. This makes them super quick to apply since you don’t need layering or play around with them too much to get full-over color.
- Smooth, creamy texture – The formula is just the right consistency – they’re just soft enough that you don’t have to tug or push hard – you can gently glide them over your lids a few times for full coverage (also thanks to their rich pigmentation).
- Long-wearing & waterproof – These last all day on me, and with very minimal creasing. Even through swimming!
- Budget-friendly – You can pick these up at the drugstore or online for under $5 (or look out for those Rimmel BOGO 50% sales at Ulta or other drugstores).
Cons: One thing I’m not too crazy about is the color selection. Currently Rimmel offers around 12 shades in the taupe/brown, black/grey/white, and blue shade ranges. I would love see more colors options, like an expanded neutral range (including mauves and cool nude shades), and maybe some fun green, purple, gold, and silver shades.
Also, you can sharpen these with one of those jumbo eyeliner sharpeners, but I would have loved if it was design with a swivel end to put the pencil up as you use it.
Wearing Bluffing over the entire lid, Tempting Turquoise on the bottom, Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner in Earl Grey for the outer corner & wing
If you’re in the market for an high-quality yet affordable eyeshadow pencil, then these are definitely worth picking up. They require minimal effort to apply, provide amazing color payoff, and are especially great for Summer since they stay put even through swimming. You can find the Rimmel London ScandalEyes Shadow Sticks at Ulta and most drugstores, as well as on Amazon.com.
Have you tried Rimmel London makeup? If so, what are some of your favorite products from them?