This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RethinkYourColour #CollectiveBias
As you may have caught in my recent Summer beauty routine post, I had it in my plans to try out the new John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening system to hopefully enhance and darken my natural color. I came across these products while shopping at Walmart and ended up getting the complete set, including the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Shampoo, Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Conditioner, and Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Treatment.
After finishing my first treatment in the shower, I was shocked to see my hair transformed – it came out looking a full shade darker. The best part is that the color is lasting me through multiple washes. In the photos below, you can see the difference after just one application of the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening system (just for reference, I left the Brilliant Brunette® Visibly Deeper™ Colour Deepening Treatment on for the full 10 minutes to get the deepest color).
I’m absolutely thrilled that I found this new method for enhancing my hair color! If you’re interested in trying this system out, too, you can typically find these products at Walmart. If not, check out Walmart.com, where they have the full collection available for online purchase.
My newly enhanced hair color inspired me to be a bit more adventurous in my hair styles lately. (Most days, I’ll either wear it down or throw it up quite messily in a clip.) While exploring new looks to try out, I still wanted to keep it simple, quick, and low maintenance, but at the same time, fun, playful, and a bit romantic for the Spring and Summer months. Which brings me to the half-up Dutch braid. This makes for a super quick, everyday hairstyle (takes about 3 minutes), and adds some pretty, romantic details to the back of your hair. Keep reading to see the full tutorial on how I do it. 🙂
Easy Everyday Hair: Half-Up Dutch Braid Tutorial
1. First, brush your hair to remove any knots. Then take a section of your hair at the crown.
2. Split your hair into three equal sections.
3. Begin your Dutch braid. Start by crossing the left section under the middle.
4. Then cross the right section under the left.
5. Now back to the left side. This time, grab some hair from the side of your hairline.
6. Add it into your braid by combining it with the existing left section.
7. Cross the left section under a 2nd time.
8. Do the same for the right side by grabbing some hair from your front hairline, adding it into your braid, and then crossing it under.
Repeat steps 5-8 for 2-3 more sections, depending on your hair length.
9. Secure your braid with a small hair tie.
10. Loosen up your braid. Pull at the sides of your braid to make your hair look thicker.
I hope I’ve inspired you to add a little ‘twist’ to your look for Summer by enhancing your color, trying out a new hair look, or both! 🙂
What are some of your favorite Summer hairstyles?