The K-Beauty world is constantly introducing new and interesting products. The latest trend are a range of peel-off tints and tattoos, for everything from your lips, eyelids, and even your brows! Today I’m going to be trying out the most practical of the three – a tint of your lips from Berrisom, called the ‘Oops! My Lip Tint Pack’. I’ve been seeing these all over Youtube over the past year or so, and I figured it was time to finally try them out for myself.
Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint Pack
The Berrisom ‘Oops! My Lip Tint Pack’ claims to be an easy way of coloring your lips through a peel-off formula. The lip tints supposedly create smooth, non-fading, and non-smudging color that lasts for 12 hours.
- Never smudges (even after a meal, a cup of tea, or brushing your teeth)
- Clinical tests show color lasting for 12 hours
- Provides exfoliation + moisturization benefits
There are 9 shades available (and counting), including peach, coral, orange, pink, red, orchid tones (a majority of which are very bright colors).
How To Use Berrisom’s Peel-Off Lip Tint
- Apply a generous amount of the Berrisom lip tint within the lip lines.
- Let it dry for 5-10 minutes (do not touch or rub the lips while drying).
- Remove the tint starting from the lip corners.
- Tidy up to finish.
- Finish off with a transparent lip gloss or lip balm for more shine/gloss.
Berrisom Peel-Off Lip Tint Before & After
Here’s a quick run-through of my first (and second) attempts at using the Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint Pack. I used the shade ‘Pure Pink’ (the lightest shade currently available).
Bare lips (no lip balm applied beforehand)
Applied one coat of the Berrisom peel-off lip tint
Peeling off the lip tint after ~5 minutes
Lips after removal of peel
As you can see, there wasn’t much of a difference after my first attempt. A little extra color was added, but overall, it looked pretty uneven and patchy. The formula seemed to have settled into my lip lines the most.
Taking note that in the directions it says to apply a generous amount, I decided to give the lip tint another go. This time, I slathered it on, using a good 3 layers.
Applied three coats of the Berrisom peel-off lip tint, and waited 15 minutes until peeling off.
Those extra coats ended up making all the difference. In my second attempt, the color came out much more concentrated. Despite the fact that I had applied a pretty consistent, even coat, the inner part of my lips is where most of the staining happened, creating an ombre-like effect. There were also some patchy and uneven areas, however, all around, it looked much better than my first attempt.
Berrisom Peel Off Lip Tint Review
Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons I noticed after testing out the Berrisom Lip Tint Pack:
- Color is adjustable – you can really play with the intensity by applying more/less layers
- Color is smudge-proof and transfer-proof
- Lasts 6+ hours, even through drinking and eating
- Provides a light dose of hydration, making the lips feel soft and smooth after removal
- Can mix and match colors to create a custom look
- Inexpensive (costs about the same as a drugstore lipstick)
- Color often looks uneven and patchy
- Takes a pretty thick coat (i.e. a lot of product!) to achieve full-on, noticeable color
- Wait time can be a quite long (I’d estimate about 5 minutes per layer)
- Formula can sting the lips when you first apply it (due to its acidic, exfoliating properties)
- Has a very strong sour, candy-like taste which may bother some people (though I personally like it!)
Overall, I have to say I am pretty impressed with the staining abilities of these lip tints! Even though it does require a lot of layering, I’m able to get bright, deep color using their lightest shade available (‘Pure Pink’). Once the peel is off, the color doesn’t smudge, and lasts a good 6+ hours on me. The one big downside, however, is that it often comes out looking patchy, so I wouldn’t recommend wearing it on its own. A lip gloss or tinted lip balm over top is almost a must, to help even out the color and give the lips a more polished and finished look.
The Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint Packs are available on YesStyle.com for $8 each.
Have you tried Korean peel-off lip tints, or any other peel-off tints or tattoos?