Happy Sunday! So today I wanted to share a quick try-on of my latest Nordstrom Trunk Club.
I honestly don’t know why it took me so long to try out this service! I love Nordstrom and a lot of the brands they carry, and of course the personal stylist and delivery aspect is always fun.
New to the Trunk Club? Here’s how it works:
- Create Your Profile: Sign up over at Trunkclub.com and complete a survey that covers your size, style, and spending preferences.
- Meet Your Personal Stylist: You’ll be assigned your own personal stylist who will handpick items for you based on your profile. You can also chat with them for style advise, feedback on boxes, specific requests, etc, either on the phone or via the Trunk Club messenger app.
- Order a Trunk: Put an order in for a ‘Trunk’ whenever you need a wardrobe refresh for a $25 styling fee – there’s no subscription required. (And bonus: the styling fee is waived if you use a Nordstrom credit or debit card).
- Preview Your Trunk: Your stylist will put together ~12 items and email you a preview of your Trunk. You can make changes or request something specific before signing off.
- Try Everything On: Your Trunk should arrive within 3–6 business days of signing off. You’ll then have five days to try everything on. Expect to receive piece from high-quality brands like Paige, Madewell, Frame, Joie, Theory, and more, with prices typically in the $50-$300 range (you can set your budget in the survey). If you find anything you want to keep, the $25 deposit will get applied as a credit!
- Pack it Up: Pack up what you don’t want to keep. The box comes with tape strips and a pre-paid return label to make this super easy! You can also schedule a free pickup from UPS. Shipping is free both ways (within the contiguous U.S., Alaska and Hawaii).
- Re-order whenever you want!
Now let’s take a look at the pieces in my latest Trunk…
Madewell Tie Strap Denim Short Overalls ($118) – Overalls are back in style! This striped one from Madewell is beyond comfy and such amazing quality. The fit is also spot-on (I’m a size 27-28 in jeans and 30D on top, and I got this in my usual overalls/romper/playsuit size S). The shorts fit nice and tailored with a 3 1/2″ inseam, and the top part can be easily adjusted by playing with the straps that tie at the shoulders. Also available in white and black.
n:PHILANTHROPY Azul Ringer Stripe T-Shirt Dress ($138) – This is the cutest t-shirt dress. I especially love the ringer neck and roll-up sleeves, which give it a sporty, casual-chic look, and the material feels comfy like a tee, with a bit of weight and a touch of stretch. It runs true-to-size (I’m wearing XS, my usual dress size). However, if you want a looser fit (like what’s shown on the model on Nordstrom’s website), I’d recommend going a size up.
Leith Tank Shift Dress ($55) – This is breezy shift-style dress is made out of a super soft jersey material. It’s perfect for tossing over a swimsuit after a day at the beach. Add a belt to pull in the waist a bit and you’re ready for dinner! It fits true-to-size (I’m wearing the XS), and comes it a variety of different colors!
Rails Hunter Plaid Shirt ($158) – I love plaid buttons-ups. They’re the perfect transition piece from summer into fall. You can easily layer them up over a tee on chilly evenings, or wear under a jean jacket in the fall. This one from Rails is made of the softest fabric, and fits nice and tailored, making it look a touch more feminine. It’s also the perfect length to tie at the waist, tuck into a pair of slim jeans, or wear loose. Plus it comes in quite a few different patterns! It fits true-to-size (I’m wearing a size XS), though if you prefer a looser fit, I’d recommend sizing up.
BP. Double V Swing Tank ($29) – This is the perfect top to pair with jeans for a night out. It features a v-neck in both the front and back, has a breezy, looser fit at the waist, and flares out slightly at the bottom, which makes for a feminine silhouette that looks especially great paired up with slim-fitting, high-waisted jeans. It would also look gorgeous under a blazer for a chic, cool weather-friendly look!
Madewell Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tee ($19.50) – Every wardrobe needs a few basic tee, and Madewell makes some of the best! Their Whisper Cotton tees are lightweight and exceptionally soft and comfy – I could wear them everyday! They look especially cool knotted at the waist for a 70’s style look, like how I’m wearing it in the next photo! Runs true-to-size (I got this is my usual size XS).
7 For All Mankind High Waist Cutoff Denim Shorts ($149) – 7 For All Mankind is one of my favorite brands when it comes to jeans. Their pairs are very figure-flattering and well made, with lots of stretch for a comfy, flexible fit, and these shorts are no exception. Style-wise, the frayed hem, fading, high waist, and small touches of distressing give them a casual yet stylish, vintage feel. I got these in the larger of my two sizes (28) and they fit perfectly.
Madewell 10-Inch High Waist Drop Hem Skinny Jeans ($135) – This is my first time trying out Madewell jeans and I’m sold! They fit like a glove (I’m on the border between a size 27 and 28, and the smaller of the two – 27 – fit me perfectly). They have just the right amount of stretch, but also manage to hold everything in and create a flattering shape. I’m especially loving the high waist, wash, and 4-button closure, which again, feel very 70’s!
REFORMATION Tahiti Linen Pants ($178) – This was another first for me – linen pants – and I’m now hooked! I never would have thought of wearing this style, but I’m amazed at how comfortable they are, especially after wearing jeans all day. They’re loose and breezy and almost feel like PJ’s, and yet they’re classy enough to wear out for a dinner date. One thing to note is that they definitely run large. I’m wearing a size 6 here (which is supposed to fit a size 28 waist), and had to hold them up in the back to keep them up. I’m definitely going to ask for a smaller size for my next Trunk (I’m thinking a 2 as these were at least two sizes too big!). Here’s how they’re supposed to fit…
Madewell Boardwalk Flat Sandal ($59.50) – These are by-far the comfiest sandals (and also the most practical) pair of sandals I’ve ever slipped on. They’re flat with large criss-cross straps along with a slingback strap, so everything stays in place with no flip-flopping or sliding around. They’d be perfect for everything from the boardwalk (as the name implies!) to a day at the amusement park if you’re looking for something a little bit chicer and a little more breathable than sneakers. I wear a size 9 in heels and 9.5 in sneakers (and some flat shoes), and the 9 in these fit me perfectly.
1.State Onora Slide Sandal ($78.95) – And here we have another super comfy pair of slip-on sandals. These have a little extra cushioning on the bottom, which is great if you’re looking for a bit more support. They’re easy on, easy off and perfect for casual outings. I got these in a size 9 and the fit is spot-on (with plenty of room on the sides, so they’d be great for wider feet too!).
Argento Vivo Bar Stud Earrings ($38) – These are the perfect minimalist earrings for everyday. They feel lightweight and barely-there, and add that extra little touch of polish to any outfit. I ended up purchasing these and have been wearing them non-stop! Also available in silver.
Try out the Trunk Club here!
Have you tried the Trunk Club? What are your thoughts on their personal stylist service?
Shop the post…
And now for a surprise giveaway! Get all the deets below, and enter through the Rafflecopter widget for a chance to win!
* Bubbly Moments * The Daiquiri Diaries * Fueling Mamahood * Jessoshii *
* Dancing Mama Style * Mamma Mandy Blog * Cami Official *
2. A Kate Spade Camel Crossbody Bag & A Series 3 Apple Watch
3. A Canon Camera Bundle, Backdrop, & Ring light
4. $700 PayPal Cash!!
⚠️PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU ENTER!⚠️
If you unsubscribe/mark the newsletters as spam, the main giveaway host (@Dana_Stargazer, blog: http://www.itsourfabfashlife.com) will blacklist you from participating in any of her future giveaways. Please remember that when you mark a blog newsletter as spam, it puts a bad mark on our email delivery systems, and this causes us major issues to where we can’t send them out anymore to anyone. Large amounts of unsubscribes give us a bad mark as well. So if you don’t want to continue entering Dana’s monthly giveaways, and/or don’t want to receive the blog newsletters and plan to unsubscribe or mark them as spam, we ask that you please do not enter.