Today’s shop has been sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible! #MyBoldMoments #CollectiveBias
I’m a night owl, so needless to say, mornings can be a bit of a struggle. That’s why I’ve created a little routine for myself and threw in a few extra tips and tricks along the way for that extra boost in the mornings. I’m talking yummy (and healthy) smoothie recipes, quick skincare routines, and more – things that speed up, simplify, and boost the mornings and help me to feel more bold and confident. So today, I’m going to share with you my complete morning routine – let’s get started!
I’m practically blind when I wake up, so the first thing I’ll do is hop on over to the bathroom and put in my contacts. Once I can clearly see my still sleepy face in the mirror, I’ll move on to the next essential – and that’s a clean mouth. So I’ll reach for my toothbrush, slather on the toothpaste, and get to scrubbing. I’ll finish using LISTERINE® Total Care, and swish it round for a good 30 seconds to ensure that my breath is fresh for that extra confidence boost.
This mouthwash actually has 6 benefits in 1, so it does more than just kill bad breath germs and freshen breath – it also cleans the whole mouth, helps prevent cavities, restores minerals to enamel and strengthens teeth. Whenever I’m running low, I’ll make sure to stop at my local CVS to pick up more!
My nighttime skincare routine is a bit lengthy and intense (I’m talking cleansing, exfoliating, toning, serums, eye creams – the whole nine-yards), so I’ll take it easy in the mornings with just some light cleansing and moisturizing. Here’s my 3-step routine:
- I’ll start by using micellar water on a cotton pad to clear away any oilies or dirt that may have accumulated overnight. (This only takes about 10 seconds to do so it saves time if you’re in a rush!)
- Then I’ll lightly spritz my face with a refreshing, scented facial mist to tone and re-hydrate (the scented ones also work as amazing mood boosters, and instantly make you feel more refreshed!).
- My daily moisturizer goes right over-top so it locks in the moisture.
I’ll give my moisturizer about 10 minutes to sink in before applying my makeup. While I’m waiting, I’ll start my search for the perfect outfit…
Hopefully I would have already planned this part out, but if not, I’ll reach for my go-to outfit: jeans, tee, and comfy sneaks. Add a few key pieces like my favorite necklace and some wrap bracelets, and I’m all set! I’ll also spritz on a fresh, airy scent which instantly lifts my mood and makes me feel more confident (call it a little ‘aromatherapy’!).
Breakfast = Smoothies
I used to skip breakfast in the mornings pretty often – I always found it a bit hard to stomach a full, solid breakfast as soon as I woke up. But since discovering smoothies and how quick they are to make, I’ve been enjoying them almost everyday now! They’re my go-to for an energy boost in the mornings to help me feel calm, alert, and focused.
These days, my freezer is always stocked with frozen fruits. I also like to keep a variety of healthy add-ins like hemp seed oil, ground flax seeds, and coconut oil. And for an extra energy boost, I’ll sometimes throw in a scoop of protein powder. Here are some of my favorite smoothie recipes for the mornings:
Kale, Banana, Orange Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 2 cups kale (or spinach)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice cubes
Tofu & Honey Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 2 bananas
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
Finally, it’s my favorite part of the mornings! This is when I’ll grab my smoothie, plop myself in front of a big window, and spend 5-10 minutes on my makeup in peace and quiet (it’s almost therapeutic for me, not to mention fun!). Most days, I go for a natural look that takes about 5 minutes, and follows this routine:
- (20 seconds) Lightly fill in the brows with a brow pencil
- (30 seconds) Apply concealer under the eyes and over any redness/blemishes
- (20 seconds) Apply a BB cream or tinted moisturizer on the cheeks, forehead, and chin
- (15 seconds) Apply a light powder to set the whole face
- (20 seconds) Add a little blush to the cheeks
- (40 seconds) Tightline the upper lash line with a black or navy eye pencil
- (60 seconds) Grab an eye shadow palette and apply a shimmer medium shade on the lid, matte medium shade in the crease and smudged under the lower lash line
- (20 seconds) Curl lashes and apply mascara
- (10 seconds) Apply a hydrating lip tint
It’s Go Time!
At this point, I’m feeling confident and ready to start my day, so I’ll grab my to-do list (pre-planned from the night before of course ;)) and get going!
What is one essential part of your morning routine? How does it help you to start your day with confidence?