During ‘that’ time of the month, it’s especially important to some take time out and relax, pamper, and treat yourself to keep both your energy and confidence high. How do I stay confident through my period? Well, on day one, I like to go on a mini shopping trip and pick up what I call my ‘period survival kit’. This includes a few of the ‘essentials’ (pads and/or tampons), a couple beauty products, and some treats for a little extra relaxation.
Thankfully, my apartment is within walking distance of my local CVS drugstore, so I’ll take little walk there to get some extra exercise (helps to beat the cramps!), and then spend some time grabbin’ some goodies.
So without further ado, here are the 6 essentials in my Period Survival Kit.
1. Pads and Tampons! – My first stop – the ‘feminine care’ aisle. This is where I’ll pick up the number one essential that’s probably on everyone’s list – pads and/or tampons.
It’s easy for me to spot my go-to brand – Kotex. You know, the ones in those cool looking black boxes (I love their packaging!).
Kotex is my favorite brand when it comes to a comfortable fit and great protection. They’ve got you covered with a range of options – from ultra thin overnight pads to barely-there liners (which you’ll seriously forget you were even wearing the second you put them on). Each pad comes conveniently packaged in individual wrappers, with the cutest designs too (just looking at them cheers me up!).
2. Facial Masks – Next up, I’ll head over to the beauty aisle! To keep me feeling confident during my period, it’s always fun to thrown in some beauty treats and items for some extra pampering. My most recent budget-friendly skincare fav are these single facial masks (they’re available at CVS for only around $2 each!). They’re super fun and convenient, plus they help clear, treat, purify your skin during a time of the month when it deserves some extra attention.
3. New makeup! – Next, I like to pick up something from the makeup section – like a new lipstick, eyeshadow, or fun colored eyeliner. Makeup always works as a great pick-me-up, and helps us girls feel extra pretty! The e.l.f. products display is usually my first stop, mostly because they’re makeup is so affordable and surprisingly great quality. My latest find? The e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick for only $3!
4. Nail Polish – A mani-pedi is another pampering routine that I enjoy around ‘that’ time of the month. CVS stocks Essie, OPI, and Sally Hansen polishes, so there are plenty of shades to choice from. I personally like to pick up a color that’s on the bold and adventurous side, like this bright teal from Sally Hansen!
5. Magazines – Next, I’ll head over to the magazine aisle and pick up one of my favorite magazines – Discover and Scientific American – ’cause I’m a huge science and astronomy geek ;). Magazines are perfect for some extra relaxation – read it while you soak in a hot bath, or while drinking some tea before bed!
6. Chocolatey Treats – Last stop is the snack aisle. Here, I’ll usually look for something sweet and chocolatey. My current favorite snack are these Gold Emblem Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans – they are perfection. Chocolate, plus caffeine, helps keep my energy up too!
So that’s my ‘period survival kit’! A quick shopping trip for the essentials, plus some pampering and relaxation, helps me to maintain my confidence and keep my mood high during that ‘special’ time of the month. A little preparation, pampering, and indulgence can make all the difference! I hope I’ve inspired you to create your own kit too, with treats and activities that you most enjoy. 🙂
How do you stay confident during ‘that’ time of the month?
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ConfidenceUDeserve #CollectiveBias